As Logo, our activities with respect to the environment and sustainable life planning are as follows:
1. We replaced our inefficient, uninterrupted power supply system with solar power invertors. We minimized losses in our power distribution system. We supported the system with photovoltaic solar panels capable of generating 20 KW. With this system, which is a first in its field, we prevented emission of 30 tons/year of carbon dioxide to the nature.
2. Thanks to the virtualization configuration in our server infrastructure, we managed to run nearly 50 servers over 4 servers, achieving both space saving, as well as energy saving of approximately 1,500 kw/h per month on average. Computers that were no longer needed as a result of this application were sent to schools in Gebze and other places across the country.
3. We sent unusable computers to a professional waste management firm managing the recycling of waste electronics and thus recycled more than 1,000 kg of electronics a year.
4. In September 2010, we changed the production technology of all products and rendered them downloadable. With this development, we discontinued use of packages including boxes, papers, nylon and CD materials. Thereby, we saved 640 trees a year on average and prevented them from filling garbage dumps.
5. By recycling more than 3 tons of waste collected in plastic-metal-paper boxes in our GOSB Teknopark building in 2010, we saved 50 trees on average. We separated waste batteries using waste battery boxes.
6. We consumed 18% less energy thanks to the photoelectric lighting system used in indoor areas of our GOSB Teknopark building, which has been designed to make the most of daylight. Thanks to the structure that offers radiance and greenhouse effect, we grew various plants and lemon trees in internal gardens. We created a spacious environment for our employees.
7. Diminishing water resources makes it increasingly necessary to make intelligent use of water, which is the basis of life. With water-restricting devices fitted to taps at our building, we achieved water savings at a rate of 10% a month on average.
8. We saved a significant amount of paper by communicating with our business partners and customers electronically.
9. We added the message “Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail” to our outbound e-mails.
10. As members of an organization that aims leadership in every field, we contributed to, and served as a role model for our natural and social environment with our manners.